Yellow Ochre Dressing
This delectable and versatile golden dressing makes a perfect salad topper, great cold sauce for vegetables or grains, a delicious dip, and a terrific marinade. With its ease of adaptability and numerous variations, it may very well be the only dressing you'll ever need!
Yield:: ½ cup
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Red Star Vegetarian Support Formula nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon unbleached cane sugar
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- pinch salt, or to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a small bowl, and whisk them together. Taste; adjust seasonings, if necessary. Whisk again before serving.
- Italian Dressing:
- Add ½ teaspoon dried basil and ½
- teaspoon dried oregano leaves.
- Dill Dressing:
- Add ¾ teaspoon dried dill weed and 1/a to ¼ teaspoon ground fennel seed.
- Caraway Dressing:
- Add ½ teaspoon whole caraway seeds or ¼ teaspoon ground caraway seeds.
- Herb Dressing:
- Add 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley (optional), ¼ teaspoon crushed, dried thyme leaves, ¼ teaspoon dried oregano leaves, and a dash of ground black pepper.
- Chili Dressing:
- Add 1 teaspoon ground cumin, ½ teaspoon chili powder, and a dash of ground black pepper.
- French Dressing:
- Add ¼ teaspoon paprika and ⅛ teaspoon dry mustard.
Serving size: 2 Tbsp Calories: 133 Fat: 13 gm Carbohydrates: 2 gm Protein: 1 gm