An exquisite but easy appetizer to prepare for last minute guests. Pita Crisps are also terrific with salads or soups.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Separate each pita bread into 2 round single layers. Set aside.
- Place the oil, parsley, scallions, and basil in a small mixing bowl, and stir them together well.
- Brush this mixture evenly over the open pita rounds. Sprinkle the rounds with the nutritional yeast flakes using about 1 teaspoon per round.
- Cut each round into 6 wedges, and place them on a dry baking sheet. Bake the wedges for 12 minutes, or until crisp. Serve warm.
- Calories: 68
- Fat: 2 gm
- Carbohydrates: 8 gm
- Protein: 2 gm
Share this recipe:
- 3 large whole wheat pita bread rounds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons Red Star® nutritional yeast