Low-Fat Egg-Free Mayonnaise
Mayonnaise has a reputation for being ultra-high in fat as well as delicious. Try this tasty egg-free version, and indulge to your heart's content.
Yield:: about 1⅓ cups
- 1½ cups crumbled, lite silken tofu (firm)
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Red Star Vegetarian Support Formula nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sweetener of your choice
- heaping ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade, and process several minutes until the mixture is very smooth and creamy.
- Use at once, or transfer the mayonnaise to a storage container, and chill it in the refrigerator. It will keep for about a week.
Serving size: 1 Tbsp Calories: 20 Fat: 1 gm Carbohydrates: 1 gm Protein: 1 gm