Tofu Sour Cream
Yield:: about 1¼ cups
Appropriately tart, creamy, and delicious, Tofu Sour Cream is the ideal nondairy replacement for its dairy counterpart.
- 1½ cups crumbled, lite silken tofu (firm)
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons Red Star Vegetarian Support Formula nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sweetener of your choice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process several minutes until the mixture is very smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the mixture to a storage container, and store it in the refrigerator. It will keep for about 5 days.
Calories: 30 Fat: 2 gm Carbohydrates: 2 gm Protein: 3 gm