Yield:: 2 cups
This is a great sandwich filling that's a snap to prepare whenever the age-old question arises- "what's for lunch? " For an attractive finishing touch, tuck a few lettuce leaves into each sandwich.
- ½ pound reduced-fat regular tofu (firm), rinsed, patted dry, and well mashed
- ¼ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- 3 Tablespoons Low-Fat Egg-Free Mayonnaise, or your favorite egg- and dairy-free mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Red Star Vegetarian Support Formula nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 teaspoons sweet or dill pickle relish, drained
- ½ teaspoon onion granules
- ⅛ teaspoon turmeric
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Stir well until they are thoroughly combined.
- Serve the salad at once, or transfer it to a storage container, and chill it in the refrigerator.
Calories: 102 Fat: 5 gm Carbohydrates: 7 gm Protein: 8 gm