Mock Boursin Cheeze Spread
Yield:: 11/2 c
Serve this spicy spread with celery sticks, sliced summer squash, sliced cucumbers, or whole grain crackers.
- ½ pound reduced-fat regular tofu (firm), rinsed, patted dry, and crumbled
- 3 Tablespoons Low-Fat Egg-Free Mayonnaise, or your favorite egg- and dairy-free mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Red Star Vegetarian Support Formula nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, or ½ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed, dried basil leaves
- ¼ teaspoon crumbled, dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon crushed, dried thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1 small clove garlic, pressed, or ¼ teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Place all the ingredients except the pepper in a food processor fitted with a metal blade, and process until the mixture is very smooth. Stop the processor occasionally to stir the mixture and scrape down the sides of the work bowl.
- Spoon the mixture into a rounded mound in an attractive serving dish, and sprinkle it generously with the pepper so it is coated all over. Cover and chill the spread in the refrigerator for at least 8 to 10 hours before serving to allow the flavors to blend.
Serving size: 2Tbsp Calories: 30 Fat: 2gm Carbohydrates: 1gm Protein: 2gm