Glorious Green Olive Dip
Yield:: 1½ cups
Fresh herbs and a bold combination of flavors make this creamy dip a fantastic appetizer or party conversation hub. Serve it with crackers, chips, or raw vegetable strips.
- 1½ cups crumbled, lite silken tofu (firm)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro or basil leaves, lightly packed
- 6 pitted green olives
- 1 Tablespoon olive brine from the olives (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Red Star Vegetarian Support Formula nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- heaping ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 to 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- Place all the ingredients except the olive oil in a food processor fitted with a metal blade or a blender, and process until the mixture is completely smooth. With the processor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
- Serve immediately, or transfer the mixture to a storage container, and chill it in the refrigerator. The chilled dip will be at its peak of flavor if served within four hours.
Serving size: 2 Tbsp Calories: 47 Fat: 4 gm Carbohydrates: 1 gm Protein: 2 gm