Creamy Garbanzo Dip
Yield:: 2½ cups
A unique blend of seasonings meld with mild-flavored garbanzo beans to create a creamy dip that is perfect for hors d'oeuvres. Serve it with crudites or pita triangles for a tempting, fanciful treat.
- 1½ cups cooked or canned garbanzo beans (chick-peas), rinsed well and drained
- ¾ cup crumbled, lite silken tofu (firm)
- ¼ cup chopped sweet onions
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons tahini
- 1 Tablespoon Red Star Vegetarian Support Formula nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- salt, to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor fitted with a metal blade, and process several minutes until the mixture is completely smooth. You will need to stop and start the processor frequently to stir the mixture and scrape down the sides of the work bowl. The finished product should be very thick and smooth. Season with salt, to taste.
- Serve immediately, or transfer the mixture to a storage container, and chill it in the refrigerator. It will keep for about a week.
Serving size: 2 Tbsp Calories: 45 Fat: 2 gm Carbohydrates: 5gm Protein: 2 gm