Yield:: about ½ cup
Although widely used in Chinese cooking, this spunky seasoning perks up almost any dish. Add it to taste to sauces, gravies, dips, spreads, casseroles, and stir-fries.
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, light sesame oil, or canola oil
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Red Star Vegetarian Support Formula nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- Place all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl, and whisk them together until they are well combined.
- Store the paste in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Serving size: 1 Tbsp Calories: 12 Fat: 0 gm Carbohydrates: 2 gm Protein: 1 gm