Yield:: about ⅔ cup
A rich-tasting spread for bread, toast, muffins, baked potatoes, hot corn on-the-cob, or any foods that clamor for a luscious buttery flavor-with no churning required!
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Red Star Vegetarian Support Formula nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce salt, to taste
- Place the carrots and water in a I-quart saucepan, and bring the water to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium , cover the saucepan with a lid, and simmer the carrots for 15 to 20 minutes, or until they are very tender.
- Drain the carrots and place them and the remaining ingredients in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process the mixture until it is completely smooth. The butter should be very thick and creamy.
- Use the butter immediately, or transfer it to a storage container, and chill it in the refrigerator. It will keep for about a week.
Calories: 18 Fat: 1gm Carbohydrates: 2gm Protein: 1gm