Yield:: 4 servings
This tempting blend of tofu and vegetables makes a tasty and appealing morning meal or special brunch.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or canola oil
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ½ cup finely sliced scallions
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pound reduced-fat regular tofu (firm), rinsed, patted dry and crumbled
- 1 Tablespoon Red Star Vegetarian Support Formula nutritional yeast flakes
- salt or your favorite seasoned salt, to taste ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the carrot, scallions, and turmeric, and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the tofu, nutritional yeast flakes, and salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well and continue to cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 5 to 7 minutes or until hot.
- Stir in the parsley, if using, and mix well. Serve at once.
Calories: 148 Fat: 7gm Carbohydrates: 8gm Protein: 14gm