Quick Herb & Onion Focaccia
A scrumptious, savory bread that's quick and easy to make.
Yield:: 8 servings
- I cup whole wheat pastry flour
- I cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 Tablespoons Red Star Vegetarian Support Formula nutritional yeast flakes
- I teaspoon non-aluminum baking powder (such as Rumford)
- I teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves I teaspoon dried dill weed
- I cup finely chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- I½ cups water
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Mist a 9-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
- Place the flour, cornmeal, nutritional yeast flakes, baking powder, salt, and herbs in a medium mixing bowl, and stir them together. Pour the water and oil into the dry ingredients , and mix thoroughly. Stir in the chopped onions and garlic, and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan, and bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool briefly. Slice into wedges and serve.
Calories: 156 Fat: 5gm Carbohydrates: 26gm Protein: 4gm