Red Star Rarebit
Yield:: 4 servings
Rarebit is a popular, open - face, British sandwich typically consisting of a melted mixture of cheddar cheese, beer or milk, and seasonings. Here we replace the cheddar with a rich, cheesy-tasting, nondairy sauce that retains all the elegance of this luxurious dish.
- HAVE READY:
- I recipe Metty White Cheeze (plain or any variation), hot
- 4 slices whole grain toast
- 2 ripe, medium tomatoes, thickly sliced, or 2 cups steamed broccoli florets
- Place one slice of toast on each plate, and distribute the tomato slices or broccoli florets equally among them.
- Spoon the hot Melty White Cheeze over the vegetables. Serve at once.
Calories: 139 Fat: 5 gm Carbohydrates: 18 gm Protein: 7 gm